Filmmakers and Screenwriters – Submissions will reopen in September 2016 for the 2017 Festival.
Please familiarize yourself with Festival rules prior to applying.
1. Film and screenplay submissions accepted through Withoutabox and Film Freeway. If you don’t have an account, please sign up with them directly in order to submit to the Woods Hole Film Festival. Do not send an email with a link to your film or screenplay as that will not be considered a festival submission and it will not be reviewed.
2. All of the information regarding deadlines, categories, fees, address, project length, format, etc. is listed in Withoutabox and Film Freeway. The direct link to the WHFF Film Freeway submissions platform can be found here. The direct link to the WHFF Withoutabox submissions platform can be found here. Please read the listing before contacting the Festival regarding those matters. The deadline and fee requirements vary depending upon your specific submission.
Please note the ONLY fee wavier request we will grant is to WHFF alumni. To request an alumni fee waiver, email email@example.com. Once you submit, you may be contacted by the Submissions Coordinator if we need more information.
3. Please provide a complete submissions profile, including film synopsis, press materials, if available, hi-res stills and a filmmaker bio. We are interested in both the film and the filmmaker, so it is important to us to be able to get to know you. Screenplay submissions must also provide a hard-copy of the screenplay to the Festival.
4. Only complete submissions will be eligible to screen in competition. A film that screens in competition is eligible for both an audience award and a jury award. Screenplay submissions are given a jury award only. Awards are presented at the awards ceremony on the closing night of the Festival. A Filmmaker or Screenwriter who is not present for the awards ceremony will be contacted after the Festival with further information about the award.
5. Prizes may be given to filmmakers and screenwriters for various categories. Only films or screenwriters in competition will be eligible for a prize. Any prize provided by a third party festival sponsor will be provided directly by the sponsor. The Festival will use best efforts to engage the prize sponsor and recipient but is not responsible for prize selection, fulfillment or performance.
6. Each film is allocated one competition screening, although additional screenings may be scheduled during the Festival. Filmmakers will be notified of the screening schedule at least one month prior to the Festival and are encouraged to attend their screenings and to be available for the post-screening Q&A.
7. A film selected for competition in the Festival will also be considered by inclusion in screenings after the Festival as well. Such screenings include, Best of the Fest, Film Falmouth monthly series and Dinner & a Movie. Filmmakers will be contacted directly about inclusion in any post festival screening and may receive financial compensation for such screening.
8. Please read the rules both here an on the submission platform carefully. If you still have questions before you apply contact the submissions coordinator Linda Navarro – lnavarro (at) woodsholefilmfestival.org
9. If you have already applied, notification will begin on or around June 1st, although you may be notified earlier, and will conclude on July 1st. Filmmakers and screenwriters will be notified via email. Please make sure your contact information is current through July 1st.